Hey! I'm working on the next version of Pseutro because as you know, the current version is incompatible with Firefox 27+. I'm taking advantage of a new CSS feature that allows me to use "variables" which is only available in Firefox 29.0+ so there will not be any support for Firefox 27 or 28. The cool thing about these variables is I can pre-define a set of CSS properties (let's say, colours) and access them from anywhere in the theme instead of hard-coding colours and other properties that are used frequently. This means that if I wanted to, I could theoretically make a companion add-on that can change the colours of almost anything in the UI with ease and no bugs. That, and it makes branching Pseutro Light from Pseutro a breeze because all I have to do is change a set of colours in one file and a few image files and pow!
the theme looks completely different.
I've written down a rough to do list before the new version is ready:
- Code panel UI (the stuff in the new app menu button - this is a biiig task)
- Code customise UI (the new UI that has replaced the old customise pane)
- Fix bookmarked bookmark star colour
- Fix the security help / info button in the site identity popup
- Fix the dev tools (completely broken atm, might just go with the default theme if I don't have time because the dev tools code takes up about 40% of the entire theme code)
- Fix the download widget progress indicator
- Remove the focus rectangles present in the new tab page
- Fix the ctrl + tab font colour
- Fix the download search cancel icon
- Fix the about:config filter clear icon
Other stuff like the find bar issue have already been fixed in my build and so haven't been added to the list. If you do find problems not listed above, let me know and I'll see if they are relevent to 29.0 and if so, I'll add them to the list.
Please note that 29.0 brings many new changes. The urlbar bookmark star no longer works and is hidden by default (and will be hidden in Pseutro). I do not know if this will be fixed by the time 29.0 is in the stable release channel, but I'm assuming it will just be canned completely. There is also no longer a small icons mode and no icons + text or text only mode. Again, I do not know if these options will be added back by the time you all switch to 29.0 but for now, I have disabled the code that reacts to these options because by default, Firefox 29.0 uses small icons mode, which is undesirable as a default setting. Essentially what I'm saying is, until further notice you will only be able to have large icons.
1.1.0's release is aimed at a month or so from now, when 29.0 reaches the beta channel. If I do release earlier than that, you'll be able to use the theme on the Aurora channel.